1. Von Muggenthaler E., Hale P., Conti, R. Infrasound from the domestic horse (Equus Caballus): A hypthesis on the role of the guttural pouch in hearing and vocalizing. Presented spring meeting Acoustical Society of America, In preparation.
2. Von Muggenthaler E., Reinhart P. Vocalizations from a Sumatran Rhinoceros Calf, Presented 145th meeting Acoustical Society of America
3. Von Muggenthaler, E., Reinhart, P., Lympany, B., (2002), Song-like vocalizations from the Sumatran rhinoceros, ARLO, Acoustical Society of America, vol. 4 (3),pps.83-88, 2003
4. Von Muggenthaler, E., Perera, D. (2002), The cat's purr: a healing mechanism?, In review, presented 142nd Acoustical Society of America International Conference, 2001.
5. Von Muggenthaler, E., Craft, R. B., Statham, K. , Scroggins, D. (2000) Portable Instrumentation for the recording, analysis and playback of infrasonic animal vocalizations, Invited lecture - Acoustical Society of America 140th International Conference, J. Acous. Soc. Am., 108, p. 2581. Full paper not submitted-technology constantly being upgraded.
6. Von Muggenthaler, E., Riverbanks Zoological Park (2000), Low frequency and infrasonic vocalizations from Bengal and Siberian tigers, lecture, 140th Acoustical Society of America 140th conference, J. Acoust. Soc. Am., 108, p. 2841 full paper in preparation
7. Von Muggenthaler, E., Baes, C., Hill, D., Fulk, R., Lee, A., (1999) Infrasound and low frequency vocalizations from the giraffe; Helmholtz resonance in biology, Invited to the Sept. 2001 American Zoological Association Conference, presented at the regional Acoustical.Society of America Conference 2001, Published in the proceedings of Riverbanks Consortium
8. Von Muggenthaler, E. (1992) Infrasound from the okapi, invited presentation, student competition award, proceedings from the 1992 American Association for the Advancement of Science (A.A.A.S) 158th conference, 1992.
9. Von Muggenthaler, E., Stoughton, J.W., Daniel, J. C., (1991), Infrasound from the Rhinocerotidae, Proceedings from the International Conference on Rhinoceros Biology and Behavior.
Other Science Mags
The Rhino's Silent Call, Discover, April 1992, p.18
Rhino Rumbles, Science, May 31, 1991, vol.252, p.1257
Boning Up, Scientific American, June 2001, pg. 32